The location - Globefish has locations in Kensington, Chinook and Marda Loop. We went to the original one in Kensington, and while on Sunday night the wait for tables wasn't an issue, parking sure was.
- Gyoza - gyoza was pretty good, and a nice offset to the rest of the meal
- "happy crunchy" - probably one of the best "new style" rolls I've ever had. Highly recommended! Though I don't see it on the online menu, so not sure if it was a special.
- Toro sashimi - I recently discovered toro (tuna belly) and I must say I am in love. Toro can be hard to find, so I was really happy to see it on Globefish's menu, and in sashimi form no less!
- Salmon sashimi - I was impressed with both quality and portion sizes of Globefish.
- Spider roll - trying to get away from our usual spicy salmon / tuna rut, we had this. Not bad, but nothing to write home about.
Overall, Globefish really is all it's cracked up to be - delicious food and plenty of convenient locations.